LIST AIRCRAFT BY:

FORUMS:

ADVERTISING:

SERVICES:

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com Avitop.com

Welcome to Aviation Forum Sign in | Join | Help
in Search  

Air Force-Navy-Marine=Fighter Pilots

Last post 02-13-2007, 9:26 PM by FighterMike. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  02-09-2007, 12:40 PM 4027

Air Force-Navy-Marine=Fighter Pilots

Hi guys , like most of us here our goals are becoming fighter pilots. I want to become a fighter pilot and i know its going to be a long run.

But what are the differences between a marine, air force, and navy fighter pilots?

Does anybody know which jets are catogarized to what branches?

what exactly are the the benfits of a fighter pilot and what are the benefits in each of the branches?

Does anybody know which branch you fly in more?

* Please be honest- what are the exact steps to becoming a fighter pilot?

hope you guys with experience can answer my questions thanks a lot Big Smile

•  02-13-2007, 9:36 AM 4036 in reply to 4027

Re: Air Force-Navy-Marine=Fighter Pilots

The Air Force flies the F-16, F-15, and F-22; with the F-35A comming out in a couple years.

The Navy fly F-18s, and will fly the F-35 (C I think)

The Marines fly F-18s and Harriers, with thier own F-35 comming out.

Marine and Navy pilots will often fly off of carriers, whereas Air Force does not. 

The benefits, umm, you get to fly fighters!  You also get paid more than non-flying possitions.  The Navy and Marines get to travel by ship, if you consider that a benefit.  Rumor has it that the USAF treats their pilots better, and you will be able to take your family with you more often.

To become a fighter pilot in the USAF, you need to be an officer.  That means you need a college degree.  Your routes to that would be through ROTC, the USAF Academy, or OTS.  You would then need to be selected into UPT (undergraduate pilot training).  After passing that (and doing very well in it), you could move on to fighter pilot training.  It should take between 5 and 7 years to complete college and training.

•  02-13-2007, 9:26 PM 4037 in reply to 4036

Re: Air Force-Navy-Marine=Fighter Pilots

Hey man thanks for your response it sreally helped me out a lot! feel free to drop any other related topic information if you wish to do so helps out a lot! =]
View as RSS news feed in XML
Aircraft Wanted Engines and parts Avionics Employment Partnerships

Advanced Search
New Listings
Forums
Login
Services
Contact
Home

©Copyright 2004 Aircraftbargains All Rights Reserved
For more information feel free to Contact Us